Once upon a time...

Once upon a time...
Christmas 2016

Sunday 10 May 2009

Camper Day 9: More destruction...

If you haven't been following from the beginning, this camper build starts with Camper Day 1: The adventure begins, or if you just want to see the previous post, have a look at Camper Days 7 to 8: Bulkhead Breakdown.

For today, the update is as follows. First thing this morning I went to fetch a new drivers door which I won on Ebay. The current door has some rust and the Ebay one went cheap enough to be worth buying rather than mending the old.

On my return, a spot of gardening (mowing the lawn after fixing the lawn mower) was followed by more destruction.

I decided to try my luck and I cut out the over cab box section from the inside. This negated the need to remove and reseal the cover panel. Luckily my guess was right and it was just some wasted space. This was followed by cutting out the front 'blue light' pods. The photos will show that this area is now much larger than before. Where the cover panel seals there are some lips of about an inch in size, but I figure that if I insulate this area and cover over with some mdf or flexible ply then this will all be hidden anyway. First I need to sort out the blue ambulance sign and the above cab wiring.

Following the cutting marathon I decided to have another go at figuring out some of the wiring, so partially stripped the dash while making sure the vehicle stays drivable.

The final conclusion for the day was to discuss some changes to the roof area to open the above cab access by about 2.5 to 3 inches with the Lorraine. This will give much needed storage or headroom if we decide to put a kiddy bed up there.

See the scary pics....

No comments:

Post a Comment