Once upon a time...

Once upon a time...
Christmas 2016

Thursday 14 May 2009

Camper Days 12 to 13: Starting to come unstuck....

If you haven't been following from the beginning, this camper build starts with Camper Day 1: The adventure begins, or if you just want to see the previous post, have a look at Camper Day 11: Taxing Triumph & Dashed Wiring.

I'm not get a lot done during the evenings after work, but I have managed to to at least something everyday.

Last night I fixed the headlight wiring, having removed the conversion loom the night before. There were some add-ons to make the headlights flash alternately, but I am trying to revert the basic vehicle wiring to standard where suitable.

I also finished the removal of the overcab wiring which went to the dash control switches. The only non-standard wiring left in the dash now relates to the battery cut-out, air horns and the air suspension, all of which are features that are being retained.

Tonight while it was still like I decided to start removing some of the stickers. Due to the narrow drive I can only really get to one side of the vehicle at a time, so I tackled the left side. All bar one of the green stickers are gone from that side and some of the yellow ones. They are a different type of sticker, with the green being stronger and hence easier to remove. The remaining green sticker is a pain as it literally needs to be scraped off. It's almost like tinfoil.

When it started raining I did some work inside. Here the theme was wiring again as I altered the interior light wiring to suit the changes that I am making to the roof. I am also pulling out redundant wiring were applicable. If I need to refit wiring later for specific purposes I'll do so, but at this point as I discover what the wires are used for I may as well dispose of the extras.

Some pictures for today, but not very pretty as most relate to the wiring.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment